All dog parents want what's best for their furry friend, but sometimes even the best of intentions can lead to mistakes. Here are the top 5 dog care mistakes bulldog parents make, and how to avoid them.
1) Washing With the Wrong Type of Shampoo - Bulldog skin is sensitive and prone to irritation, so it's important to use a gentle, hypoallergenic shampoo when washing your dog. Avoid using human shampoo or anything with harsh chemicals, as this can cause serious skin problems.
2) Ignoring The Wrinkles - The wrinkles on a bulldog's face are one of the breed's most distinctive features, but they can also be a breeding ground for bacteria. Be sure to clean your dog's wrinkles regularly with a dog-specific cleanser and dry them well to prevent infection.
3) Neglecting The Tail Pockets - Bulldogs have a tendency to get dirt and debris caught in their tail pockets, which can lead to infections. Be sure to clean these areas regularly and consult your vet if you notice any redness or irritation.
4) Skimping On Exercise - Bulldog may be a couch potato breed, but they still need some daily exercise to stay healthy. A short walk or play session will suffice, but make sure your dog is getting some form of physical activity every day.
5) Overfeeding - It's no secret that bulldogs love food, but overfeeding can lead to obesity and other health problems. Be mindful of your dog's eating habits and consult your vet if you're unsure about how much food is appropriate.
Bonus Mistake: Tear stains are common in bulldogs, but they can be prevented with proper care. Be sure to wipe your dog's face daily and use a dog-specific tear stain remover such as Wrinkle Paste to keep the area clean and free of discoloration. Untreated tear stains can lead to infections, permanent discoloration of the fur and even blindness in severe cases.
Squishface to the Rescue!
Squishface Wrinkle Paste and Squishface Wrinkle Wipes are great for cleaning your dog's wrinkles, tail pocket and preventing tear stains. Wrinkle Paste is a wrinkle cleaner and tear stain cream for dogs created without water or alcohol and with a limited, only absolutely essential ingredient list. Wrinkle Paste forms a water-repellent barrier on the skin surface which keeps moisture, yeast, fungus and other bacteria at bay resulting in happy, protected and fresh smelling bulldog wrinkles. Wrinkle Paste is ideal for any dogs with wrinkles.
The Squishface Wrinkle Wipe formula was created specifically for sensitive skin dogs prone to allergies, and intentionally leaves out common and unnecessary irritants such as essential oils, aloe, fragrance and lanolin. Allergy prone dogs such as bulldogs can react to many different environmental and food allergens so using products with a limited, clean ingredient list is important in maintaining their health. Use Wrinkle Wipes prior to application of Wrinkle Paste to whisk away dirt and grime in wrinkle folds, around tear stains, tail pockets, and between toes!
The Botton Line
By avoiding these common mistakes, you can help ensure that your bulldog stays healthy and happy for years to come. We recommend starting your dog’s skin care routine with Wrinkle Wipes to clean the area of any dirt and debris, followed by applying Wrinkle Paste to soothe the skin as well as to help prevent any future inflammation or infection. Using both Wrinkle Wipes and Wrinkle Paste together will get the most benefits out of each product and will ensure your pup is fresh and clean!